Living in Weston means living in one of the best places in Florida. Weston residents enjoy this master-planned suburban community with highly-rated schools and beautiful residential neighborhoods, and the incomparable weather year-round.
If you own a house in Weston, FL and need your roof replaced or repaired, Big Al’s Roofing has been servicing the Weston, FL, and nearby areas for many years, offering courteous, professional services, including installation, inspections, maintenance, repairs, and creating a beautiful new roof every time.
Why Do Roofs Suffer Damage?
In Weston, FL, and nearby areas, where residents enjoy warm and humid weather almost every day, there are several reasons why your roof may suffer damage. To begin with, a roof that does not have adequate ventilation can result in an overheated attic. Warm, moist air gets trapped there and builds up, starts to condense, and eventually leads to wood rotting.
This wood rot can spread and damage your roof decking, requiring you to call in roofing contractors and avail roofing services.
Mold and Moss
This trapped moisture not only rots the wood but, when it collects under your roof, with no way to escape, it will eventually result in the growth of mold and moss. When accumulated under your roof, they will kill it from the inside out.
Warm and wet climates and shingles are the perfect combination for spores to spread between tiny cracks, causing mold to grow, resulting in the immediate need for roof repair. If you leave this situation unattended, your roof will end up looking like you have installed on it an unpleasant thick, green carpet. This is not nice to look at and will result in more intense damage to the roof.
These concentrated areas of moisture will continue to feed the moss and suck up the moisture from the air and even more when it rains. Water will then leak into the decking, eventually causing the structural foundation of your roof to be compromised.
Since you know how water finds a way to seep into the tiniest corner, it will be easy to understand that the leaks will not stop at the roof but will continue downward, causing damage and bringing unhealthy mold growth to the inside of your home. The result? Not only will the strength of the structure over your head be at risk, but your health will be too.
Warped and Cracked Shingles
Surprisingly, the sun is capable of causing as much damage as the humidity and rain. If your house has an attic, you should know that the temperature inside it can get considerably warmer than what the thermometer indicates. And this extreme heat can wreak havoc on your shingles.
Even the sturdiest shingles, such as those made from asphalt, can suffer the consequences of unrelenting, intense heat. Under these conditions, shingles can start to dry out, curl, get brittle, and start cracking. If that were the extent of the problem, you might feel comfortable living under a roof that looks a little bit worse for wear. The problem, however, is that these uneven and cracked shingles are just what rain and humidity are looking for to gain access to your roof’s structure and, eventually, to your home. And you know that, once water finds a way in, it will all be downhill from there.
Is there any way to keep these elements off your roof?
Although growing a green roof in Weston, FL, is a beautiful way to capture both the heat and the rain that damages your roof, the plan is not always viable and is difficult for maintenance. Particularly if you have a pitched roof or if it’s not waterproofed enough to make sure not to cause other issues beneath it.
So, what to do when you cannot afford to commission a new roof altogether in Weston?
While you consider the steps needed for a green roof in Weston roofing or even whether this is what you want, other actions can help:
- A cost-effective way to cool the roof in Weston, FL, is by coating it with a white lime wash. Although you may need to reapply it after some stormy months, heat can be reduced considerably.
- If you want a more permanent solution in Weston, FL, install white porcelain or ceramic tiles on the roof. You can deploy Weston roofing services for the installation.
- Ask your Weston roofing contractor to install cool roof tiles on your roof. These tiles reflect the majority of solar heat and prevent heat from entering rooms on the top floor.
- With the help of a Weston roofing contractor, install solar panels that can block the sun’s rays from hitting your roof but can also help by capturing the heat of the sun and converting it into electricity.
Things To Keep In Mind While Availing Weston Roofing Services
Before you hire professional roofing contractors in Weston, keep the following things in mind to help us deliver roofing repairs seamlessly:
- The reason that you are availing roofing services in Weston should be pre-decided before contacting the company. Even if you are not sure, it helps to outline roofing requirements to discuss the same with your roofers. This will help you communicate better and ensure that you are getting your money’s worth.
- Have a ballpark amount ready about how much you are willing to shell out for roofing repairs by a professional roofer company in Weston. It helps you narrow down options and strike a good deal with roofers.
- Read up on roofing materials. A basic internet search and discussion with the professional roofer company in Weston will arm you with the knowledge of the pros and cons of the most used materials used and which one fits in with your needs and budget.
No matter your roofing needs, whether you need to change, repair, or talk about new roofing ideas, give us a call today. If you live in Weston, FL, or surrounding regions, then Big Al’s Roofing is THE roofing contractor to contact as we are one of the most trusted ones when it comes to fulfilling roofing services.
We’ll help you find the solution to all your roofing needs.